STEEL STARTER KIT MEDIA - Ceramic Media - ACTS ( Angle Cut Tri-Stars ) 7/8" x 3/8"
Ceramic Tumbling Media
Ceramic ACTS ( Angle Cut Tri-Stars ) 7/8" x 3/8"
This ceramic tumbling media is more aggressive than the alternatives, providing both good burr removal and a long media life. You can use this media on all steels, both hard and soft metals. This ceramic finishing media is our most widely used formulation.
- PACKAGE WEIGHT: 50 Lbs. Box or Bag
- MATERIALS USED ON:
- All Metals (carbon steel, stainless steel, etc.)
- Some customers also use it on Aluminum and other softer metals. Because this is an aggressive cutting media, material will be removed super quickly, and the final finish won't be as high quality as you would have using the less aggressive Plastic Medias. It's a tradeoff because using the less aggressive Plastic Medias will increase cycle times
- CYCLE TIMES: Super-Fast Working
- FINISHING ACTION: Deburrs, De-Rusts, and Cleans Heavier Oils and Preps Surfaces (good for powder coating, paint, etc.). Parts will have a dull matte finish, that will allow your surface coatings, to adhere to your parts surfaces.
- FINISH QUALITY: Good
- LIFE: Good
- ABRASIVES: Super-Fast Cutting
- WEIGHT PER CUBIC FOOT: 85-90 Lbs. Per Cu Ft
- DESCRIPTION: This is our most common ceramic media. It's a more aggressive tumbling media that will give you both good burr removal and good media life. It's used on all steels, both hard and soft.
We Also Recommend